UPSC Geologist Recruitment Geo-Scientist Jobs 2017 CGSE/GE Online Apply, Notification
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination every year. The candidates who are interested can apply for Category I and II posts after fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Details regarding age limit, selection process, education qualification, application procedure, etc are available below.
Brief Details of UPSC Geo-Scientist Notification 2017
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission
Examination: Combined Geo-Scientist & GR/UPSC Geologist.
Exam Category: National Level.
Article About: UPSC Recruitment 2017.
UPSC Vacancy Details
- Category -1:
- Junior Hydro-Geologists.
- Scientist B.
Eligibility Requirements for Category 1& 2 Posts
The eligibility conditions have been set in three levels and the candidates who satisfy the conditions are eligible to attend the UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam.
He or She must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/ Bhutan. Tibetan candidates are allowed only if he or she has come to India prior to 1st Jan 1962, with the intention of settling down permanently.
- Age Restriction:
- Category-I: Minimum age should be 21 and maximum 32 years.
- Category-II: Candidates should possess the age limit of 21 to 32 years.
- Age relaxation will be provided to the reserved category.
- Essential Qualification:
- Geologist: Master’s degree in Geological Science or Applied Geology / Mineral Exploration/ Engineering / Marine Geology/ Earth Science and Resource Management/ Oceanography & Coastal Area Studies/ Petroleum Geosciences or Exploration/ Geochemistry/ Geological Technology/ Geophysical Technology from the recognized board.
- Chemist: MSC in Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry.
- Geophysicist: MSC in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Integrated MSC in Exploration Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics/ Marine Geophysics or MSC (Tech) in Applied Geophysics.
- Junior Hydro Geologists: Masters Degree in Applied Geology/Marine Geology & Hydrology.
Application Fee for UPSC JR Hydrologist Exam
Aspirants who are willing to apply for UPSC Chemist job need to pay the application fee online through SBI Challan, Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, etc.
- General Category: Exam Fee of Rs.200/-
- SC/ST/PH/Female Candidates: Exempted from Registration fee.
How to Apply for UPSC Geologist Exam 2017
- Visit the official web portal of UPSC.
- Search for UPSC CGSE/GE Online Application link in the home page.
- Click on that link.
- Read the notification properly.
- Enter all the necessary details.
- Upload recent photo and signature of the candidate.
- Pay the registration fee online.
- Click on submit option.
- Download the form and take print out of it.
UPSC Jr. Hydro Geologist Exam pattern and Syllabus
Postulants who have completed their application process and ready to appear in the UPSC Chemist exam need to go through the exam pattern and syllabus. This will help the aspirants in understanding the subject knowledge and scoring good marks in the examination. Applicants can download the syllabus and exam pattern from the web page.
Admit Card for UPSC Group A Exam 2017
All the candidates who have enrolled their names for UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam need to collect their hall tickets from the official site. Authorities will upload the admit cards on the website few days prior to the exam.
Results of CGSE/GE Scientist B Exam 2017
Applicants of UPSC Group A exam can check their results on the official portal. Commission will declare the results on the website. Candidates are also advised to visit the web page regularly for future updates.
Important Dates of UPSC CGSE/GE 2017 Exam
- Application Starting Date: 8th Feb 2017.
- Last Date to Submit Online Application: 3rd Mar 2017.
- Exam Date: 12th May 2017.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in